By using our website, application, booking the services we provide, you understand and agree to our Terms of Service.
Please read the following terms of service, when you access, browse, download, and use website, application and make bookings, it indicates that you have read and agree to these terms.
1. Our Services
We provide information service, registration services and other related services to participants of mass sports events. Mass Participation Sports include mass participation running events (short distance, half marathon, full marathon, ultramarathon, vertical running, trail running, etc.), bicycle races, Ironman, Duathlon events, etc. .
1.1 Information Services
We provide free event information, and registered users can always get the information for free. The information is collected from search engines, websites, and/or from the event organizers directly. We will make the best efforts to ensure the authenticity, accuracy and timeliness of the information, but we can not control the way that you comprehend the information, and we are not responsible for your behaviors and/or the consequences of such behaviors that you may make based on the information.
1.2 Registration Service
1.2.1 Registration service processes
We charge pre-paid registration fee. We will do our best to ensure the success of the registration, but due to the dynamic changes of the events registration, we do not guarantee successful registration. In case of successful registration you will receive confirmation letter that could come from either us or the event organizers, or it could be a webpage where you can search the list of participants. If the registration is not successful, we will notify you immediately, and the registration fees and charges will be refunded. If you have paid for other services in addition to the registration fee, you will have the choice whether to keep those services or to request refund. We are not responsible for any bookings that you made on your own through other channels outside our websites and our apps, and can not be responsible for any loss due to the unsuccessful registration. Once you are successfully registered to the events, the registration fee is non-refundable, a few events allow you to change the name or defer the entry due to injury and illness to next year. Please be careful when make decision to pay for the registration service, and keep in mind that the the registration can not be cancelled or refunded.
1.2.2 Additional documents, Competition Risk and Disclaimer
Some events may require additional documents, such as proof of good health from doctors (such as the events in France, etc.), an additional only waiver (such as New York City Marathon, etc.), and onsite waiver when pick up the bib number (such as London Marathon, etc.). Failure to provide or be late to provide these documents can disqualify you from participation.
Marathon and other long distance endurance races are your voluntary acts, you know and are willing to take risks to participate in such competitions, and you confirm your physical and mental health condition meets the requirements to participate. When you use our registration service, you agree with the disclaimer and/or waiver from the events organizers.
Mass sport events require all participants to sign disclaimer. When yo use our registration service, you accept and agree with these disclaimers, and authorize use to sign these documents for you whenever possible. Disclaimers mainly include, but are not limited to:
“I understand that the participation involves rigorous physical activity and that it potentially may be hazardous. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to understand the risks associated with participating in the Event and determine whether I am fit to safely complete the Eventand the precautions I should take. I attest and certify that my physical condition and ability to safely complete the Event have been verified by a licensed medical doctor (except where the latter is in violation of religious principles); and that I am physically fit and have sufficiently trained to complete the Event. I expressly assume all known and unknown risks associated with the Event, including but not limited to: loss of or damage to my property; injury (including death); accidents; the effects of weather; terrain conditions.”
“I, for myself and my heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns waive and release any and all rights, claims and causes of action I have or may have against any Race Organizer or any third party that the organizer recognizes.”
“I grant full permission to any and all Race Organizers to store, use, reproduce and/or resell my image or likeness by any audio and/or visual recording technique (including electronic/digital) now in existence or hereafter invented, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial sales and marketing purposes.”
1.2.3 Race canceled or postponed
We are not responsible if the events are canceled or postponed for any reasons. In this case, the resolution by the event organizer will apply. We do not assume any liability.
1.2.4 Accuracy of your information
We provide registration services based on your personal information that you provided. You will be responsible for the accuracy of your information. Make sure your first and last name match exactly your name on the government-issued identification, for most people the best proof of identity when attend events abroad is your passport. We are not liable for the consequences arising from incorrect information that you provide to us.
1.3 other service
We offer events-associated services, including reservation of local guides, accommodation, transportation, tickets, meals, etc. through our websites and applications, as well as packages that include two or more of the above-mentioned services.
1.3.1 Other services we offer are from independent third-party service providers, to book these services means that you accept their terms of service.
1.3.2 Shared hotel rooms. In order to reduce the cost, if you are traveling alone and want to share a room with a person of the same gender, who are traveling to the same events, we will try to make this arraignment. If ultimately there is no person to share the room with you, you to use your own room and pay the difference. We have no control of what the person is to be like, and we do not guarantee the comfort and safety when you share the room. If you have concerns about this, please choose to use your own room.
1.3.3 Traveling with relatives and/or friends. We welcome friends and relatives that are traveling with you and our terms of service apply to them as well.
2. Reservations and payment
We accept major credit cards online. We do not charge extra fees for credit cards.
2.2 exchange rate
Our prices are based on the price of the United States dollar, we reserve the right to adjust the prices in other currencies when the exchange rate changes.
2.3. Refund policy
We do not charge any cancellation fees. Our refund policy is based on the event’s policies, and the policies of the service suppliers. The event registration fee is always non-refundable, with very few races all name change or deferral. Note: in all events, participation under anther person’s name is strictly prohibited and you may be banned from the event for life.
Refund policy regarding accommodation, transportation, tickets, meals, guide services and so on is according to the service providers.
If for any reason we fail to deliver the services you have purchased from us, we will provide you refund but limited to the amount of money that you have paid. We are not responsible if the events are canceled or postponed for any reasons. In this case, the resolution by the event organizer will apply and we do not assume any liability.
3. Copyright Issues
The content of our Web sites and applications, including, but not limited to, written expression, and combinations thereof, pictures, icons, graphics, music, videos, logos, layout, data, trademarks, software, applications and databases, etc. are subject to the relevant laws and regulations concerning the protection of copyright, trademarks, patents and property rights provisions.
3.1 The content and applications is intellectual property of Runbuk, Inc. and shall not be violated in any way, including but not limited to, reproduction, links, illegal use or reproduction, mirror sites, etc..
3.2 Certain contents collected from the Internet may be temporarily unable to confirm the authenticity and accuracy of copyright. Regarding copyright issues arising therefrom or additional questions, please contact us for proper changes.
5. Policy Change
We may change the Terms of Service from time to time, so please check back regularly. Terms of Service are subject to change without prior notice. If we make significant changes, we will endeavor to notify registered users by highlighting the changes or send emails to your registered email address.
6. Applicable Law
These Terms of Service will be governed by California law and/or applicable federal law. If any terms of service conflict with the law, then these provisions will be re-analyzed, while other provisions will remain effective.
Information We Collect About You
We collect information, including personal information, directly from you or from third parties as you use our Site, Application and our Services.
• Information We Collect Directly From You. When you register to participate the events and/or make reservations, we will require you to log into using your email, or telephone number. We will need your information such as name on your passport, gender, date of birth, address, telephone number, marathon time, T-shirt size etc. in order to register you to the marathons and other sports events. When you request information from us, subscribe to our newsletter or blog, or otherwise use our Services, we may collect your name, email address, contact information, cell phone model, or any other information that you choose to provide to us. From time to time, you may have the option to participate in surveys; if you choose to do so, we will collect information about you.
• Information We Collect About You From Third Parties including Social Networking Sites. Certain features of our Application, such as register to participate a marathon, and/or make reservations, require you to log onto our Application using your social networking account, such as Facebook, Twitter or Wechat. If you log in with a social networking account, we will request certain permissions from you, which will vary based on the particular social networking site. For example, if you log onto our Application through Facebook Connect, we will request your permission to access your basic information, such as your name, username, gender, and location. We may collect information about you from our third party partners.
• Geolocation Information. We will collect your location information when you are using our Application. If you would like to block your location information from being shared, you may change your settings. If you do not share your location information with us, certain features and functions of the Application may not work properly.
How Do We Use Your Information?
We primarily use your information, including your personal information, to provide our Services to you including but not limited to events registration and hotel reservation, to respond to your inquiries, and to notify you of items that we believe would be of interest to you. In particular, we use your information, which may include your personal information (collectively, “information”), for the following purposes:
• To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services, and for other customer service purposes, such as to respond to your inquiries
• For customer loyalty programs
• For marketing and advertising purposes, including to notify you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
• To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using our Services
• To send you surveys, newsletters or SMS
• To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis
• To improve our Services
Sharing Your Information
We do not share your personal information with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes. We will share certain information about you, including personal information (collectively “information), with our service providers and as described below so that we can provide our Services to you.
• Users of Our Application.
• Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to events organizers, third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents for the purpose to provide Services to you.
We also may share your information for the following reasons:
• Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company.
• In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
• Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes. We may, however, share aggregate information with third parties for research and other purposes, such as to inform a Participating Cause or merchant about traffic to our Site and for other statistical purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
• Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged in to the Application. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Application.
• Persistent cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, which may be combined with other user information.
• Third Party Cookies. We also engage third parties to track and analyze non-personally and personally identifiable data and to serve advertisements. To do so, we may permit third parties to apply cookies to users of our Application, where permitted by law, and, subject to your right to opt-out through the Network Advertising Initiative (as discussed below). We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of the Application and to analyze site usage. Such third parties may combine the information that we provide about you with other information that they have collected.
Disabling Cookies. For our website, most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer you can edit your browser options to block them in future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable their web browsers’ ability to accept cookies will be able to browse the Site; however, many site features, such as the shopping cart, will not function if you disable cookies.
Web Beacons, Pixel Tags and Other Technologies. We use web beacons, such as clear GIFs, web bugs or pixel tags, which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of website visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about website usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, identify when our e-mails are viewed and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Site Analytics. As noted, we work with third party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Site and our Application. For example, we use a variety of third party web analytics, to help us improve our Site and our Application’s performance and user experiences.
Third Party Applications
Third party applications may be available on our Site and through our Application. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
User Generated Content
Certain portions of our Site and application permit user-generated content, such as our blog. Any information that you post to our Site may be viewable by any other visitor to our Site. We are not responsible for the privacy of any information that you choose to post to our Site, or for the accuracy of any information contained in those postings. Any information that you disclose becomes public information. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy.
Our Site contains links to third parties. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. No data security measures can guarantee 100% security at all times.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, computer, and web-enabled devices, among other things, by signing off after using a shared computer, inserting a password on your web-enabled device, choosing a password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your password private. You should never share your log-in information with others. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen or compromised passwords, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
What Choices Do I Have?
We may send you promotional emails. If you do not wish to receive promotional emails, please opt-out using the link in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us, we still may send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer services purposes.
If you have any questions, comments or concerns regarding this Policy, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Children Under 14
Our Site and our Application are not designed for children under 14.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to our policy to our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide registered users with notice of such change, by highlighting the change on the Site or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us.