Product DescriptionWhat is the Shanghai Marathon?
2017 Shanghai Marathon E-book
[feature_headline type=”left” level=”h5″ looks_like=”h5″ icon=”ticket”]Guaranteed entries of sold-out events – Runbuk is the Official Partner[/feature_headline]
Shanghai Marathon entries are drawing-based – 100,000 runners trying to win the 20,000 spots. As the Official Partner, we are able to offer you guaranteed entries.
Never been to Shanghai? Do not worry!
We will match you with a local runner who knows the course very well that runs the same pace as you.
[feature_headline type=”left” level=”h5″ looks_like=”h5″ icon=”ticket”]Logistics – you are taken care of[/feature_headline]
- Airport pick-up and drop-off service.
- Maglev ride (7 minutes, max speed 431 km / 268 miles per hour) provided to passengers departing at Pudong Airport (PVG).
- Race packets with bib numbers are delivered to the hotel.
- Transportation from the finish line to the hotel with English-speaking Representatives.
- 24/7 English-speaking assistance.
[feature_headline type=”left” level=”h5″ looks_like=”h5″ icon=”calendar”]Itinerary – 5 days or 3 days[/feature_headline]
5 Days 3 Nights
4 Days 2 Nights
[feature_headline type=”left” level=”h5″ looks_like=”h5″ icon=”money”]Price – quality that is affordable[/feature_headline]
|In USD||Runner||Non-runner||Single room Surcharge||Additional night per room|
|2 Nights Package (Nov. 11 to 13)||5-star Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden||599||549||115||149|
|4-star Greenland Jiulong Hotel||499||449||69||99|
|3 Nights Package (Nov. 10 to 13)||5-star Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden||699||649||199||149|
|4-star Greenland Jiulong Hotel||549||499||99||99|
Deposit You can choose to pay a deposit of $100 per person to secure your places. This deposit is refundable within 30 days. After 30 days it is not refundable. The full payment is due by July 31st.
- Guaranteed entries for runners (Marathon or Half Marathon)
- Airport-hotel-airport transportation on Friday, Saturday and Monday
- Transportation, meals, and English-speaking Representatives as per the itinerary
- Hotel rooms with tax and daily buffet breakfast
- Insurance. We strongly recommend customers buy Travel Protection Plans.
- Personal expenses.
[feature_headline type=”left” level=”h5″ looks_like=”h5″ icon=”building-o”]Hotels – enjoy the benefits of our wholesale buying power[/feature_headline]
5-star Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden:
This luxury hotel is located in downtown near the famous Yu Garden, Old Town, the Bund, Xintiandi Shopping Malls, and People’s Square. Distance to Marathon Start is just 1.6km (1 mile).
4-star Greenland Jiulong Hotel:
Located in the Hongkou neighborhood in Shanghai, 1.1 miles from Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai Greenland Jiulong Hotel features a restaurant and free WiFi throughout the property. Distance to Marathon Start is 2 km (1.2 miles).
[feature_headline type=”left” level=”h5″ looks_like=”h5″ icon=”plus-square”]Extensions – explore the mother river of Chinese culture[/feature_headline]
Yangtze River Cruise Itinerary (5 days 4 nights)
Nov. 13 Monday – Shanghai-Yichang flight
- Enjoy a buffet breakfast in the hotel. Free time in the morning.
- Take Shanghai Airlines 9365 to Yichang (3:25pm-5:20pm). Hotel-airport transportation is provided.
- English representative will meet you at Yichang airport.
- Dinner at local restaurant.
- Transport to port and check in for your cruise. Depart Yichang at 9pm.
Nov. 14 Tuesday – Three Gorges Dam/Xiling Gorge
- Morning visit to the Three Gorges Dam at Sandouping, the largest in the world.
Later, sail through the Three Gorges Dam ship locks. Sail through Xiling Gorge, the longest (41 miles) and the deepest of the Three Gorges.
- Additional optional Three Gorges Shore Excursion (river conditions permitting), offering an interesting glimpse into life in the Xiling Gorge region.
- Full board (B, L, D)
Nov. 15 Wednesday – “Small Gorges”/Wu Gorge/Qutang Gorge
- Transfer to another vessel for a relaxing excursion through the attractive gorges of Goddess Stream. Depending on river conditions, an alternate excursion to the gorges of Shennong Stream may be substituted.
- Enter Wu Gorge, known for its quiet beauty, forest-covered mountains, and cliffs so sheer that the sun barely penetrates the precipices.
- Sail through Qutang Gorge, the shortest (5 miles), narrowest (500 feet), and most dramatic gorge.
- Additional optional Shore Excursion to White Emperor City (river conditions permitting), an ancient city overlooking the western end of Qutang Gorge.
- Full board (B, L, D)
Nov. 16 Thursday – Shibaozhai
- Take a shore excursion to Shibaozhai, with its impressive wooden pagoda, appropriately named “The Pearl of the Yangtze”. Depending on river conditions, an alternate excursion may be substituted to Fengdu, visiting either the new relocation village built for families who have moved as a result of the Yangtze’s rising waters.
- Additional optional Shore Excursion to Fengdu’s “Ghost City” (river conditions permitting), known for its statues of ghosts and devils on Mingshan Hill.
- Full board (B, L, D)
Nov. 17 Friday – Arrive Chongqing
- Arrive Chongqing at 9:00am
. Disembark at picturesque Chongqing, the “Mountain City”. Chongqing has a significant history and culture and serves as the economic centre of the upstream Yangtze basin with an urban population of 20 million. It served as wartime capital during the Anti-Japanese War (1937–1945).
- Chongqing City tour with lunch: People’s Hall, General Joseph W. Stilwell Museum, and Chongqing Zoo for Giant Pandas.
- Transport to airport for your next destination.
$799 per person; single occupancy in cruise cabin add $229.
- Shanghai hotel-airport transportation.
- Shanghai-Yichang air ticket on Monday, Nov, 13.
- Airport-cruise transportation with dinner in Yichang.
- 4 nights Yangtze River Cruise (Victoria Grace or similar).
- Full board, shore excursions as per the cruise itinerary.
- Tips for cruise staff.
- Chongqing City Tour with lunch.
- Chongqing airport transportation.
- We strongly recommend customers buy Travel Protection Plans.
- Personal expenses.
Victoria Cruises is the leader in luxury river cruising. It has a fleet of seven Five–Star luxury vessels (as designated by the China National Tourism Administration). Their ships are all newly built or structurally rebuilt, and all refurbished with a modern blend of European–Asian design.
Victoria’s vessels range in size from 200 to 400 passengers and are built to international maritime regulation standards. Onboard entertainment includes activities geared towards showcasing the culture of China and its spellbinding Yangtze River – the world’s third–longest river. Among the daytime pleasures: informative lectures, painting demonstrations, acupuncture demonstrations, Tai Chi as well as lessons in the Mandarin language, calligraphy, mah jong and the making of silk kites. In the evening in the elegant Yangtze Club, guests can delight in colorful cultural presentations, traditional fashion shows and the sounds of authentic Chinese music.
Tour is operated by Palace Travel (U.S.) Inc.California Seller of Travel 2116390-40.